General Information on Membership
The Institute membership is opened to all individuals and companies in developing the contribution of environmental health and safety management towards industrial growth in America or around the world. The technology of environmental health and safety management is advancing day-to-day throughout the world. Membership to the Institute will enable networking and exchange of knowledge from a very wide variety of specialized areas of expertise. If you have any doubt, please do not hesitate to contact our secretariat through the email.
Annual subscriptions shall be payable in advance on 1st January of each year. Those admitted into the Institute between 1st July and 31st December in any year shall pay only half the annual subscription. Seniors Citizen (above 65 years old) gets free annual subscriptions or without paying any annual subscriptions.
We have an online application for selected grades. Membership application forms in document format can be accessed from the website.
|EXAMS TYPES||Amount (USD)|
|HSE 1, 2 & 3||$100||60%||4 Months||Make a Payment|
|Chartered Environment Health Professional (CEHP)||$300||60%||4 Months||Make a Payment|
|Chartered Health and Safety Professional (CEHP)||$350||60%||4 Months||Make a Payment|
|Examination Retake Fee||$100||60%||4 Months||Make a Payment|
- CIEHS activities offer members to interact and network with representatives from the industry, academia and government related to the Environmental Health and Safety
- Members will gain knowledge on career opportunities for their children, friends etc as CIEHS offers certification courses in environmental health and safety
- CIEHS Certification program leading to Graduate Member, Associate Membership, Chartered Environmental Health Professional (CEHP), Chartered Health and Safety Professional (CHSP) Certifications which offers great employment opportunities in the oil & gas, heavy industry, marine and energy sectors.
- CIEHS publications – quarterly magazine plus annual conferences offer presenters an opportunity for their technical research or industry-academia papers to be published in international Journals on Environmental Health and Safety
- CIEHS organizes many free events for members to acquire new knowledge and networking opportunities. Participants to these events will also receive Certificate of Attendance for their Continuing Professional Development records.
Admission and Award of Membership Grades
The Council shall establish a Memberships Committee which will be responsible for review of applications for award of membership grades. The Memberships Committee shall recommend to the Council and approval at Council Meetings. All grades of memberships are awarded at the discretion of the Council and may be withheld or withdrawn in the event of conduct likely to prejudice the standing of the Institute. Every member shall receive a membership certificate.
The Memberships Committee shall be responsible for drafting the “Regulations Governing Admission and Award of Member Grades” for Council approval. These regulations may be changed from time to time subject to Council approval.
Every application for membership shall be proposed and seconded according to these regulations and shall be forwarded to the Institute Secretary who shall, at the first convenient opportunity, submit it to the Council for approval the Council may at its discretion reject any application without assigning any reason thereof.
Each company on admission shall be entitled to nominate one representative to exercise all rights of membership. Only representatives of the Company membership, Fellows. Chartered Members and Associate members shall have the right to vote and to hold office in CIEHS offices and chapters.
Renewal of Membership/Annual Subscription
Notice is hereby given for the renewal of your annual subscription for 2017. Please ignore this notice if you have already paid your subscription in advance, or if you are eligible for exemption. Kindly refer to the table below for Annual Subscription Fee.
If you have moved residence or employment or changed your contact numbers / email address, we would appreciate if you can take some time to update your records.
As for student members, please notify us if you have graduated in order for us to update your membership status to the contact mentioned above.
Thank you on behalf of the Institute.
Miss Izabela Ekpe