There are 3 levels to run to be qualified as a Health Safety and Environment Professional under the Chartered Institute of Environment Health and Safety Examination Board Standard namely:
HSE Level 1
Award in Health and Safety at work
This qualification is designed to provide candidates with understanding the skills, principles and practices of workplace safety. This level provides a starting point from which more detailed training in level 2 can follow. This level is suitable for beginners and anyone in the workplace environment.
- Health safety and environment appreciation
- Unsafe act and unsafe conditions
- Accident prevention measures
- HSE policies, rules, and regulations
- HSE rules and procedures
- Defensive driving and journey management system
- Journey management/journey managers
- The journey plans for marine transport
- Journey management violations
- Definition and concept of defensive driving
- How to defend on conditions for perfect trip
- Job/Industrial Safety Analysis(JSA)
- Basic/Industrial First Aid.
- Communication in HSE
- The American Health and Safety Laws, legislation & policies
- Contingency /Emergency Response Procedures.
- Personal Water survival rescue.
HSE Level 2
Risk Assessment Practical Application
This qualification is designed to help improve the workplace culture by enabling learners to understand the basic principles of risk assessment. Course is suitable for anyone in a work environment as it raises learners’ awareness of the concept of risk assessment.
- Key elements of a Health and Safety Management system.
- (PPE)Personal protective equipment
- Procurement and assurance of personal protective equipment
- Assurance of personal protective equipment
- Types of PPE
- Introduction to security
- Security survey and risk assessment
- Security plan
- Permit to work
- PTW certificate
- Complimentary certificate
- Fire prevention, protection and evacuation procedure
- Classes of fire
- Identification of fire extinguishers, size, and color codes
- Risk Assessment concept and case Studies.
- Workplace Security for Employees
- HSE Case
- Emergency response/Rescue system
- Working at height system
- Manual Handling
- Electrical HSE
HSE Level 3
Advanced HSE: Award in Environmental Awareness
This qualification is created to provide an awareness of key environmental concepts and an introduction to environmental management systems. Course is suitable to everyone whose activities could have a significant impact on the environment, or those introduced to environmental issues for the first time.
- What is HSE-MS
- HSE methodology
- Sub HSE management system and contractor HSE management system
- Hazards and effects management process
- Structured review techniques
- HSE risk management
- Ergonomics for the General Health and Safety practitioner
- Environment Management Plan (EMP)
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Features of a Health and Safety Policy
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- HSE Statistics/Data Management
- Community Affairs
- Security Challenges, Conflict Management/Conflict Resolution
- One day practical training on:
- First Aid
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).